Do you love cycling and want to turn a hobby into a career? Are you passionate about the health and wellbeing of children and want to do your bit?
Maybe you've got decades of experience or simply enjoy a ride to the café and looking for a change in direction.
You don’t need qualifications or previous experience to be a part of Islabikes, all of our training is done in house. We welcome applications from enthusiastic people who enjoy cycling and have an insatiable appetite to learn.
You can email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +44 (0)1584 700 551 for an informal chat.
Our aim is to provide a better cycling experience for children through…
- Intelligent design
- Exceptional quality
- First class customer service
Islabikes has single-handedly redefined the notion of a child's bicycle with a product unparalleled in its depth of design detail. We believe in striving for excellence and efficiency, not just in our products but in our workforce too and every member of our growing team is committed to delivering the best for our customers.
Learn more at our Why Islabikes? Page.
What kind of person do we look for?
- Ability to multi-task, organise yourself and communicate effectively
- Enthusiasm for all things innovative in design and exceptional quality
- Customer focussed and able to put the customer at the centre of all actions
- Driven to achieve efficient working practices
- Interest in cycling and a passion to learn more
- Team player with the motivation to seek opportunities
- Attention to detail, delivering to a high standard
What can we offer you?
- We are a Living Wage employer and offer a basic starting rate £8.25 for unqualified team members
- Annual salary reviews that consider inflation, performance and personal contribution to the business
- 28 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays), plus the option of an additional 10 days’ unpaid leave
- Fulltime, part-time and flexible working considered
- Salary sacrifice scheme for childcare payments
- Loan our children's bikes for your dependents free of charge
- Emphasis on maintaining a good work/life balance
- If overtime is required, we pay you for every minute you work
- Clean working environment with Islabikes branded uniform provided free of charge
- Full in house training provided with further fully funded training opportunities available
- Cycle to work scheme with the ability to earn up to £4 per day
- Loan one of our adult bikes free of charge
- Staff discount scheme for friends and family
- A positive, driven working environment with opportunities to build your skill set and knowledge and develop professionally
In addition to this we offer 10 weeks sabbatical leave after every 5 years of service. At Islabikes we want all our team members to have the opportunity to take a break, we pay you for the whole ten weeks giving you the freedom to pursue something you wouldn’t normally have the time to do.
You'll have the opportunity to learn a new skill or language, study or travel, take up a new hobby or just dust off the cobwebs! Our aim is that you will return with a renewed, refreshed and revitalised attitude to work and life.
Islabikes Equity and Diversity Statement
Islabikes is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in our staff, work environment, and the change we want to see in the cycling industry and our society.
We value a diverse team with a wide range of life experiences because we recognise that we’re stronger when we benefit from the innovative contributions, creative solutions, practical know-how, and community insights brought by people of different backgrounds. We strongly encourage applicants from individuals who will contribute to this diversity.
If you have any questions please feel free to call us on +44 (0)1584 700 551.