The Janis is for enthusiast club riders, ex-racers, tourists and keen leisure riders who want to prolong their road biking experience.
- Super lightweight – as our ability to produce power reduces switching to a lightweight bike can make a world of difference, especially on those climbs.
- Low gearing – it’s incredible how cycling can help riders maintain aerobic fitness but muscling up hills can be tough as we age. The Janis takes the fear out of inclines.
- Low-stepover – our open frame design means you don’t have to swing your leg over the rear wheel or lift it high over a top tube. Mounting and dismounting need not be a challenge.
- Easy-Tyre-Change – removing and changing tyres can be a real chore if your hand and finger dexterity isn’t quite what it was. Islabikes own rims make puncture repairs as easy as can be.
- SRAM full-hydraulic disc brakes – short, easy reach brake levers put reliable braking within easy reach. What’s more, disc brakes mean no wear to your rims.
- Low Q-factor – optimised distance between the pedals makes for the most comfortable and efficient pedalling motion.
For more detail read the Janis technical specification.