The Joni is perfect for active older riders needing a lightweight, well-thought out bicycle to complement their lifestyle. Perfect for cycling to the shops, visiting friends and riding with the grandchildren exploring local lanes.
- Super lightweight – most low-stepover bikes are extremely heavy. This bike has all the practical benefits you would expect from a low-stepover bike, without the weight. Manoeuvring, setting off and climbing are made so much easier.
- Low gearing – as strength reduces climbs can become daunting. Joni’s very low gears take the fear factor out of inclines.
- Low-stepover – reduced mobility need not be a barrier to enjoyable cycling. The Joni’s super low-stepover frame makes mounting and dismounting straightforward.
- Easy-change tyres – if your finger strength and dexterity is not what it once was Islabikes own rims will make fitting tyres much less hassle – even if you’ve never been great at changing punctures before!
- Islabikes own saddle – bikes in this category typically use a “sofa” saddle which tend to be heavy and quickly become uncomfortable. Shape is more important than thickness for comfortable riding.
- Islabikes cranks and Direct Mount chainring – a narrow Q-factor and size specific crank lengths deliver the most efficient pedalling motion.
For more detail read the Joni technical specification.