From shop soiled to ex-demo, we sometimes have bikes with modest discounts available to purchase.
Our lightweight Rothan balance bike makes learning to balance intuitive and fun with the transition to a pedal bike easier than ever.
- Lightweight aluminium frame, making the bike easy to manoeuvre and carry after a hard day’s ride (you can thank us later mum or dad)
- Micro-reach brake lever, easy to use for tiny hands and an introduction to the concept of braking to help the transition to a pedal bike
- 12 inch, fully pneumatic tyres for comfort and “proper” bike feel
- The perfect bike for a 2-year-old and up
Sizing for your Rothan
To ensure your Rothan is a safe and comfortable fit please see our size guide below.
Approx min age Min inside leg Max inside leg Approx min height Rothan 2+ 30cm 42cm (47cm with long seatpost) 88cm
How to measure height:
- Ask your child to remove their shoes and stand straight, with their back against a wall.
- Place a book on their head so that it touches the wall.
- Make sure your child still has their heels on the ground, then mark with a pencil where the bottom of the book touches the wall.
- Measure from the mark to the floor.
How to measure inside leg:
- Ask your child to take off their shoes and stand straight, with their back against a wall.
- Place a book between their legs and slide it up the wall to meet the crotch firmly as if they are sat on a saddle.
- Make sure your child still has their heels on the ground, then mark with a pencil where the top of the book the touches the wall.
- Measure the distance from that mark straight down to the floor.
Why is sizing so important?
With the correct size bike, your child will develop their cycling skills quickly, easily and safely whilst being more comfortable on their bike. Not only does this help increase confidence and boost their self-esteem but, best of all, it means they can start riding straight away.
Approx min age Min inside leg Max inside leg Approx min height Rothan 2+ 30cm 42cm (47cm with long seatpost) 88cm Cnoc 14 Small 3+ 34cm 42cm 92cm Cnoc 14 Large 3+ 38cm 48cm 98cm Cnoc 16 4+ 42cm 52cm 104cm Cnoc 20 4+ 47cm 57cm 110cm Beinn 20 Small 5+ 47cm 57cm 112cm Beinn 20 Large 6+ 52cm 62cm 120cm Beinn 24 7+ 57cm 68cm 127cm Beinn 26 8+ 62cm 74cm 135cm Beinn 27 10+ 68cm 80cm 146cm Creig 24 8+ 58cm 68m 128cm Creig 26 9+ 65cm 75cm 138cm Luath 24 8+ 59cm 69cm 130cm Luath 26 9+ 65cm 75cm 138cm Luath 700 Small 11+ 69cm 80cm 148cm Luath 700 Large 13+ 76cm 86cm 158cm
Choose your new Rothan
Light weight makes for easy learning
It’s so much easier to teach your little one to ride on a lightweight bike. They need to feel in control, and you need a high quality, durable bike that will handle everything they throw at it. Once they have mastered the art of balance on their Rothan the step up to a first pedal bike comes naturally.
Braking and handling for little hands
Little hands and shorter arms require a bike that makes steering and braking easy. The Rothan’s narrow handlebars ensure great control. The super thin yet durable grips enable them to grasp the bars securely and the micro-reach brake levers put light action braking within easy reach. It’s this attention to detail that makes the Rothan an unrivalled balance bike.
Proper tyres, like the big kids have!
The Rothan may be a balance bike but it’s no toy. Having super-lightweight pneumatic tyres makes for a smoother, more enjoyable ride. Just wait for that magic ‘look no feet’ moment as they glide along, balancing a bike for the first time.
Start them early
It’s incredible just how early children can learn to ride on the right bike. Many Islabikes customers have sent us pictures of their children breezing along on their Rothan from the age of two. Children aged two and three learn intuitively on a bike designed specifically for them.
Supplied ready to ride
At Islabikes we want to make sure everything is perfect from first touch to the joy of that first feet-up glide. Our mechanics prepare every Rothan before dispatch and with some minor assembly on arrival your little one will be ready to go.
A spare inner tube and tools for easy set up are supplied with each bike.
Delivery is free of charge in the UK. We recommend allowing up to 4 working days from point of order to delivery of your bike, although it may arrive earlier.
We use a courier service so your bike will need signing for. Deliveries should take place between 8am and 6pm the following working day from despatch. Delivery days are not completely guaranteed in case of unforeseen circumstances.
Large accessories and parts (such as Beinn 26 mudguards, helmets and track pumps) are sent via courier and should be delivered within 2-4 working days of placing your order. Small accessories and parts are delivered via 1st class Royal Mail.
Outside the UK
Delivery of bikes is free of charge to the EU countries we ship to. We recommend allowing up to 9 working days from point of order to delivery of your bike. For accessory orders over £50, delivery is free. Any orders under £50 delivery is £4.99.