A lightweight, low stepover bike that is your perfect partner for short jaunts into town, visiting friends, exploring cycleways and beyond.
- Weighing from just 11.kg with mudguard and pannier rack
- Very low stepover design makes getting on and off the bike easy
- Hydraulic disc brakes offer consistent and light action braking
- Light-action Grip Shift combined with very low gearing for easy pedalling on any gradient
- Easy-Tyre-Change rims make puncture repairs a breeze
- Size specific low Q-factor cranks for comfortable pedalling
Bike delivery time:
- For UK orders allow 7 working days.
- For European orders allow 19 working days.
- For UK orders delivery is free of charge.
For all non-UK orders delivery charge is dependant on region, please see full delivery information for details.
- Joni XS, S and M will be available to order 28th February 2022.
- Joni L will be available to order 2023.
- Sign up below for email stock notification.
An agile lightweight ride
Thanks to its aluminium frame, carbon fork and careful component choices, Joni weighs from just 11kg, ensuring riding and manoeuvring is effortless. Furthermore the Joni features full wrap mudguards and pannier rack for maximum versatility.
Mounting and dismounting is easier and safer with the Joni’s very low stepover frame design. To make life even easier you can add a dropper post; originally designed for mountain biking we have found they are perfect for riders who find setting off and stopping a challenge. A dropper post allows you to prepare to set off in the saddle with both feet flat on the floor and then raise the saddle once you are riding. You can then lower it again as you prepare to stop – brilliant for junctions.
Light action disc brakes
Short reach hydraulic disc brakes are easy to operate with limited hand movement and guarantee consistent braking in all weather conditions.
Wide ratio gears
The Joni’s wide ratio 11-40t cassette provides low enough gears to make the difference between making it up a climb and walking – especially when laden with shopping. Light-action Grip Shift gear changing allows you to use the strength of your whole hand to easily change gear.
Getting a puncture is never fun. Getting a puncture and not being able to fix it because you can’t remove the tyre is even worse. To combat this we’ve developed a unique rim bed that makes tyre fitting and removal a cinch.
Islabikes size specific cranks with low Q-factor
The Joni has dedicated crank lengths for each frame size, as short as 160mm for the extra small model. This seemingly small difference reduces the range your hip and knees have to bend when riding, ensures your muscles are operating in their most effective range and results in more comfort in the saddle due to the reduced movement at the crotch. The distance between your feet when pedalling has a significant impact on both your comfort and pedalling efficiency.
Our unique narrow Q-factor cranks are specifically designed to bring feet closer together and optimise your pedalling.
Carefully prepared by us
Islabikes trained mechanics will assemble and adjust your bike prior to dispatch whilst also fitting any accessories. When it arrives with you, following some minor assembly on arrival, your bike will be ready to go. Your bike comes with a set of hex keys for setup on arrival.